CrispAds Blog Ads
Saturday, July 08, 2006
Sorry For The Absence, But Dudes! FLORIDA!!
T-Minus one week and counting!!!!! Eeek! This time next week I shall be in a car somewhere in Georgia on my way to the sunshine state. Only my second time to the beach ever...but it feels like I'm making a trek to my spiritual home. There is something that pulls my soul to this place. The beach, the ocean. I'm high on life. Rarely do I use that term but it feels so appropriate right now.

That doesn't mean I'm not sort of freaking out. My mom gave me a list about a mile long earlier to type out. Things we can't forget, things to look into, and directions to track down. There is so much delicate, if not harried, planning that goes into our trips. This year we've planned to go since forever...but we just just secured a place to stay last week. Mom had talked to numerous people who said they book right before they leave to get the best deals. I'll admit...we did get a heck of a deal. But, boy I was sweating bullets till we did it.

Honestly though, the best part is how we are getting there. My parents, in an effort to save money on gas decided that we could drive my car for 14+ hours to the Tampa-St.Pete area of Florida. My car, for those who don't know, is a subcompact Chevrolet Aveo. Let me repeat: it's a tiny car. On the outside. The inside isn't cramped or anything. The trunk is huge. But, I can't help but assume people will gawk at us like clowns climbing out of car at the circus. And yet THE GAS, THE GAS. The moolah we will save. At any rate I've ordered a "mock drill" tomorrow. I want to see what we can fit in this car. Mom says I only want to find out how many pairs of flip flops I can bring. She might be sort of right. ;)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer