CrispAds Blog Ads
Sunday, May 14, 2006
Remembrance
Cancer, Baby has lost her battle with ovarian cancer: http://cancerbaby.typepad.com/cancerbaby/

Further proof that cancer holds no prisoners. It doesn't care about your age, or your attitude, or just how much living you have left to do. And that just plan sucks.

Today is Mother's Day, and combined with this sad news about Cancer, Baby I can't help but be reminded of Grandma. May 1st, just two years ago, she lost her own battle with cancer. At 69, very close to 70, years of age. She had a pretty long life, not as long as it could have been but certainly longer than 33 years. She got to be a mother to four children, grandmother to 5, great-grandmother to 4. A good life by any estimation. But, this doesn't change the fact that my mother is going to be missing her own mom terribly tomorrow. That's tough. I miss my Grandma. I miss the way she smelled and the way she felt, and her back rubs were the best. I just miss her voice. If I miss her this much, how much more could my mom be missing her?

I think the answer is, a lot.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer