CrispAds Blog Ads
Monday, April 17, 2006
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!
Ahh Easter. The day all the people who don't attend church the rest of the year show up for the early morning services. I'm surprised we didn't see large numbers of churches go up in flames yesterday from all the blasphemy. You know what, in my house we don't go to church the other 364 days out of the year so we sure as hell ain't going on Easter.

We did celebrate by getting big fat Easter baskets full of candy and presents. And the evening before we watched Charleton Heston play Moses, like all good Christians should. Okay maybe not. But, I've said it before and I'll say it again...my parent's utilize the television in their parenting technique. Want to know about the bible?? Watch a movie about it. I finally realized that The Ten Commandments movie really doesn't have much to do with Easter. I asked my Mom why they show it. She said it was the only good bible movie back then and it's stuck. Ahh, the insight.

I actually read the bible too. My mom screamed at me for backtalking her and I quote, "telling her what to do all the time" so my Dad broke us up and made me read Chapter 20 of some book to Jonathan. It's the part where Jesus is resurrected. You know, I could probably enjoy the bible if it was in easier language. But, Dad refuses to own anything but the King James Version. So...whatever.

I wonder sometimes about my faith though. I believe. But, yet I feel like I don't have religion. You can't find a church that doesn't judge or gossip or isn't full of hypocrites anymore. I don't need a church that tells me to vote for GWB. And I have a hard time finding a place where I actually feel something. I have to be moved to enjoy it. We are talking goosebumps and hairs standing up on the back of my neck...moved. Actually, I know where I'd fit in and enjoy going to church at...I've always wanted to go to a black church. I know I'd like it there.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer