CrispAds Blog Ads
Thursday, April 06, 2006
The Merits of TV
So I'm reading a book, not of course the one I should be reading for history. Instead, one that I've had since Christmas and not read. It's this:
It's one of those eerie books about life in Suburbia after having such wonderful and crazy life plans in college. The idea generally freaks me out. But, so far this book is amazing. One page goes into detail what this stay at home mom does all day and I'm trying to remember if me and my mom did that much in a day. She quit staying home with me when I was seven. But, most of the memories I could drudge up were eating salads or chicken noodle soup while watching PBS, Little House on the Prairie or The Young and the Restless. I can recall playing in closets and cabinets in little nests that she made for me, playing with dolls occasionally and cutting my dog's hair. We most definately didn't fingerpaint, get up at 6am, nap twice a day, watch TV for only a half hour or go for brisk walks. At least, I don't think we did. I'm so going to call and confirm this. Maybe even impose a little mommy guilt on her.

I have realized my parents utilized the TV as much as possible in their parenting skills. We watched tons of movies, lots of PBS, and the news. And, they raised two really good kids. Neither of us has ever, ever gotten into trouble. Then again, both of us never had cable so occasionally we had to watch educational public TV...you know...when a Roseanne marathon wasn't on and it wasn't yet time for The Guiding Light.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer