CrispAds Blog Ads
Wednesday, April 05, 2006
One Sentence
Got the idea from AfrIndie Mum. Here’s the deal: Write one sentence for every year of your life so far. Here’s mine:

1. I was born at Humana Southwest to my parents who were 24 and 28, moved to their rented house in Fairdale down the road from my mom’s parents.
2. Moved to Mount Washington on my 2nd birthday to a brand new, never, ever lived in starter house.
3. Spent my days watching PBS with my stay at home Madre.
4. Got my first dog, a toy poodle named Christina, I was obsessed with any Chris type names that year.
5. Started Kindergarten at Old Mill Elementary with Ms. Hammond as my teacher.
6. Wrote a little story that won the Young Authors Award, it was about a trip to Pineville, Ky. when my Great-Grandmother died.(imagine that, me win with a story about death)
7. Got my first cavity and filling that year, still can’t stand the dentist, and out goes my dream of perfect teeth and my mother went back to work.
8. Got a brand spanking new baby brother named Jonathan and finally knew I wouldn’t spend the rest of my life as an only child and it provided a story for my next Young Authors Award win.
9. My dad became disabled, mom worked more and me and Jon spent our nights at Mount Washington Elementary watching Mom clean.
10. I won Young Authors again, this time for a collection of poetry.
11. I lost my Grandpa that year to a mass of various illnesses, he spent 84 nights in the hospital…its the first real death of a grandparent I’ve had to deal with.
12. Became obsessed with Kentucky basketball as I started middle school and wouldn’t let anyone but my parents know for 2 years.
13. Spent the year with Krystal refusing to utter the word 13 and me thinking I was grown up.
14. Went to my first UK basketball game at Rupp Arena and pretty much decided I was going to UK.
15. My dad had a massive heart attack that almost claimed his life, I had never been that scared…ever.
16. Got my license after one failed driver’s test, my first car is an ‘89 toyota corolla.
17. Started on the staff at Livewire which changed my life in many ways and reaffirmed my journalism dreams.
18. Lost my Grandma to cancer, graduated high school, made a sucky new group of friends that I thought I liked, became infatuated with a boy who could never like me, and suffered from no car woes, college pressures, and lack of money.
19. Finally found peace in life with a better and smaller group of friends, a car, some moolah and a trip to the beach.
20. Just started it last month.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer